Outreach director POSITION DESCRIPTION
DemCast is made for activist organizations that are trying to help push this country back in the right direction through thoughtful policy development and the election of blue representatives up and down the ballot. A national partnership director will contact, engage with, and help organizations share their content on the DemCastUSA.com site and across a broad array of social media forums. Click HERE to learn more about how grassroots organizations can benefit by partnering with DemCast.
The DemCast Outreach Director is a leadership position in the developing DemCast organization, overseeing national partnership development, outreach development and the State Outreach Coordinators team – a group of volunteers who connect with local activist groups in all 50 states.
The Outreach Director will report to the Executive Director and work closely with DemCast’s Director of Digital Strategy and Director of Content as part of the leadership team that will bring the DemCast vision to fruition, in the context of the most important election of our lifetimes.
This position – along with every position in DemCast at the outset – is unpaid. The intensity of the work and scope of the role certainly merit a salary, and we believe strongly that the value proposition brought by DemCast, combined with a concerted fundraising strategy, will yield results in 2019. In the meantime, we are seeking a dedicated and passionate professional with an entrepreneurial mindset to join our crew and help make this happen.
DemCast is (will be) an equal opportunity employer. Beyond that, we have a clear vision: to be the place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, to stay and do their best work. To that end, DemCast is committed to bringing on team members who come from non-majority cultures, backgrounds and perspectives – because we want this organization to truly be representative of America. We are fully focused on equality and believe deeply that DemCast will only be successful if our staff and volunteers carry our commitment to inclusion.
THE DEMCAST Outreach DIRECTOR WILL:
- Oversee development of Partnerships at a national level.
- Actively engage established partners on an ongoing basis through regular communication.
- Recruit, vet, and train State Outreach Coordinators to work within their states to support local activist groups.
- Ensure state-specific initiatives by national partners are communicated and coordinated with state leadership teams.
- Provide input on strategic use of resources to promote inclusion and representation of non-majority communities in partnership development.
- Work with the Director of Content to ensure partnerships are focused on sharing appropriate content to DemCastUSA.com for amplification.
- Interface regularly with grassroots activist groups, campaigns and politicians across the country.
- Support resource development efforts for DemCast.
Expected Time Commitment and Compensation
- Time commitment is negotiable and open for discussion during the launch phase, as initial work is on a temporary volunteer basis. We envision transitioning this to full-time work and competitive compensation in the form of a senior leadership role once funding is secured.
- Strong background in partnership development and political networking.
- Experience in activism, advocacy and/or campaigning at the local, state and/or federal level.
- Entrepreneurial, collaborative spirit.
- Experienced in development of teams, particularly remote or multi-site direction.
- Strong sense for effective political communication, narrative building & use of media to bolster effectiveness of spreading a message.
- Strong organizational skills, time management and attention to detail.
- Leadership qualities/skills, including: conflict mediation, team management and provision of motivational support/mentorship.
- Passion for voting, voting rights, vote security & for informing and mobilizing voters as a pathway toward getting America back on track.
- Past experience with starting and sustaining new organizations.
- Past leadership roles (volunteer or paid) in local or state political or activist organizations.
- Deep knowledge of local or state activism networks and communication streams.
If you are interested in this role and meet the core qualifications, please email a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Open until filled.