Dear Fellow Americans:
Next week, America may open up a gaping loophole that will allow criminals, terrorists and people suffering from mental illness to easily get their hands on untraceable, deadly firearms. This is truly a game-changer. We have to stop it.
If we don’t stop the Trump Administration from reversing the U.S. State Department’s settlement with a Texas anarchist, then designs for downloadable, untraceable 3D guns (indluding AR-15s) will become public for ALL around the world on August 1st. Anyone (including terrorists) will be able to carry plastic guns into schools, government buildings or planes.
This week, we have been on Capitol Hill with Fred Guttenberg (father of Jaime Guttenberg who was killed in Parkland & the founder of Orange Ribbons for Jaime), Jr. Newtown Action Alliance and NoRA4USA to #Stop3Dguns.
We’ve met with Senators Warren, Murray, Blumenthal, Murphy, Feinstein and Schumer, along with Representatives Deutch, Clark, Esty and Cicilline. We’ve implored them to stop the State Department from allowing this to happen.
To be clear: We have one week to stop the Trump Administration from allowing an anarchist to share 3D blueprints for DIY guns with terrorists, criminals, minors, and people suffering from mental illness.
While we work on Capitiol Hill to fight this egregious settlement with an anarchist, please do your part by calling your Senators & Congressional Reps at 202-224-3121.
We pulled this list of articles for your reference.
- CNN: Americans can legally download 3-D printed guns starting next month
- Wired: A Landmark Legal Shift Opens Pandora’s Box For DIY Guns
- NY Times: The Age of the Downloadable Gun Begins, by Steve Israel
- NY Post: Chuck Schumer warns of 3-D printed ‘ghost guns’
- Here is the website where people can buy ghost guns:
- Ghost Guns: How criminals circumvent firearm laws
- Ghost Guns: Untraceable firearms in hands of hobbyists, felons and children
Please help #Stop3Dguns.
Chairwoman, Newtown Action Alliance